Monday, August 27, 2012

Surprise Marcus!

Yep. You guessed it! Marcus turned the big 3-0 this year! And what better way to celebrate than to have a surprise party?! I have to say this was my very first time planning for one of these. I was a rookie and not a very good liar... But overall it turned out to be a big success! (In my own opinion at least. I hope Marcus enjoyed himself!)

It started out we had everyone hide around the side of the house and keep super quiet when he heard his incredibly loud scooter come up to the house. (There shouldn't have been any way to mistake it cause I mean his muffler is broken!) Having everyone come early was nice so they could park around the house and down the street. Everyone was really clever about that one! But anyways... back to the surprise. So everyone is hiding, I'm swinging Liliana in the swings in full view (to keep things appearing normal), and what...2 false alarms later, we finally hear Marcus pulling up to the house 20 mins later than we planned on. 

I had tunnel vision at this point cause a lot of the surprise remained on how normal I could make things appear to be. Yeah... unfortunately I mentioned on how lousy a liar I am! So I walk up to Marcus with Liliana and asked how his day was and blah, blah, blah... I can't really remember what I said. But I do remember what Marcus said. "Why is the gate unlocked?" (He's the only one who unlocks it to get into the backyard.) I just shrugged. "...Why is the trailer moved?" (Again, he's the only one who even touches it.) ME: "Uh, I dunno." We walk towards where everyone was hiding. "Why are there chairs in the backyard?" Me...silence... Then, "SURPRISE!!!" Everyone yelled while they jumped up from where they were hiding and popped confetti at him! He had the funniest look in his eyes but I KNOW he was surprised even if he had a hunch SOMETHING was up. And honestly, I'm just glad I was able to keep a secret until the big day came. 

 The Big Three-Oh balloon! :D Hee hee 
The AMAZING cake that my sister Brenda Chance did. Gotta love The Avengers! The Hulk is Marcus' favorite one! (You can see more of her cakes here: On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/brenda.chance.18 And her website: http://acakeaffair.com )

 Here's Marcus and me being SUPER cute. He's not a big fan of getting his picture taken as you can tell. Soooo, I decided to match him. Match made in Heaven, right? Ha ha

 Here's our cute family that jumped out at Marcus and popped Confetti at him when yelling "Surprise!"


Here's our family hanging out right after the surprise. I'm not sure what I'm looking at here! 

Jimmy and myself posing. He has newly established chops on his face... and I have newly dyed red hair! :D (my family didn't know what to think when they first saw it. I think they were just surprised...and didn't think I'd dye my hair this color! But I love it. Even if one of my nieces came up to me and asked who I was again. LOL)

More family getting some grub to eat. Everyone was really cool and brought a side dish to share! And Garrett on the left side played some music for the event! (If you need a DJ you can get to his business Public Opinion Soundstage here: http://www.bigdances.com )

It was an Avengers themed party in case you hadn't caught that yet! ;)  Go Iron Man! (but where's Thor? That's my favorite.)

Marcus being a great Daddy and holding baby Lincoln while posing with his Mom.  Sweetness. 

Some of Marcus' friends that came: Marc and Mindy with their cute sons! 
Family and friends chillin' together under the light of the trees. Jen and Marcus' mom were such a great help in setting up the party! Thank you!!  

Marcus with his friends. Marc with his wife Mindy, and Sam

Love this picture of Marcus with my sweet little ol' Grandma! She's so tiny compared to him! :D

Lighting the candles on the cake

Marcus loved his presents. But one of his favs was from my sister Karen who got him a Bear Grylls  DVD. He is like Marcus' hero. We even named one of our cats after him. 

OH Jimmy. You make the most beautiful faces. Thank you. With my Mom, Grandma, and Jen. 

Liliana hanging out with some of her cousins!

She loves the slide!

Last pic is one of my favorites. This is my Grandma Hebbert and Marcus' Grandma . They didn't realize each other was there until the end of the party. But I'm glad they found each other eventually!

So yes! Here's to a successful Surprise Party for Marcus! :D I had a blast planning and preparing everything so I definitely recommend throwing one! And if you're not sure where to begin ...check the internet! Lol, I found a few websites on how to throw a surprise party along with do's and don'ts. Well, congrats Marcus. You are now officially out of your 20's. How crazy is that? Don't worry I still love you even if you are growing old. :) Maybe next year I'll get you some Rogaine to control that receding hairline you keep complaining about. Just kidding. I think. Anyways, thanks for reading this everyone and to Marcus: "Happy belated 30th birthday." 

4 comments:

  1. What a great surprise! and I LOVE the cake! I'm looking for a decorator to do Evie's cake for her first birthday, I'll have to use Brenda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You totally should! :) I can get you her info if you'd like!

      Delete
  2. So fun! It looks like you did a fabulous job Cami! Happy Birthday Marcus, even though it was almost two months ago!

    ReplyDelete